Leftleft1 (left),USA pronunciation adj.
- of, pertaining to, or located on or near the side of a person or thing that is turned toward the west when the subject is facing north (opposed to right).
- (often cap.) of or belonging to the political Left;
having liberal or radical views in politics.
- pertaining to an element of a set that has a given property when written on the left of an element or set of elements of the set: a left identity, as 1 in 1 · x= x.
- the left side or something that is on the left side.
- a turn toward the left: Make a left at the next corner.
- the Left:
- the complex of individuals or organized groups advocating liberal reform or revolutionary change in the social, political, or economic order.
- the position held by these people. Cf. right (def. 34a, b).
- See left wing.
- (usually cap.)
- the part of a legislative assembly, esp. in continental Europe, that is situated on the left side of the presiding officer and that is customarily assigned to members of the legislature who hold more radical and socialistic views than the rest of the members.
- the members of such an assembly who sit on the left.
- [Boxing.]a blow delivered by the left hand.
- [Baseball.]See left field (def. 1).
- toward the left: She moved left on entering the room.
Shouldershoul•der (shōl′dər),USA pronunciation n.
- the part of each side of the body in humans, at the top of the trunk, extending from each side of the base of the neck to the region where the arm articulates with the trunk.
- Usually, shoulders. these two parts together with the part of the back joining them.
- a corresponding part in animals. See diag. under horse.
- the upper foreleg and adjoining parts of a sheep, goat, etc.
- the joint connecting the arm or the foreleg with the trunk.
- a shoulderlike part or projection.
- [Ornith.]the bend of a bird's wing, between the hand and the forearm, esp. when distinctively colored, as in the red-shouldered hawk, Buteo lineatus.
- a cut of meat that includes the upper joint of the foreleg.
- Often, shoulders. capacity for bearing responsibility or blame or sympathizing with other people: If you want to tell me your troubles, I have broad shoulders.
- a steplike change in the contour of an object, as for opposing or limiting motion along it or for an abutment.
- the end surface or surfaces of a piece from which a tenon or tenons project.
- an inclined and raised surface, as on a joggle post, for receiving and supporting the foot of a strut or the like.
- [Fort.]the angle of a bastion between the face and the flank.
- the flat surface on a type body extending beyond the base of the letter or character. See diag. under type.
- the part of a garment that covers, or fits over, the shoulder.
- (in leather manufacturing) that part of the hide anterior to the butt.
- either of the two edges or borders along a road, esp. that portion on which vehicles can be parked in emergencies. Cf. soft shoulder.
- See shoulder season.
- knee (def. 6).
- cry on someone's shoulder, to reveal one's problems to another person in order to obtain sympathy: Don't cry on my shoulder—this mess is your own fault.
- put one's shoulder to the wheel, to work energetically toward a goal;
put forth effort: If we put our shoulders to the wheel, we'll be able to finish the job soon.
- rub shoulders with, to come into association with;
mingle with: As a social worker in one of the worst slum areas, she rubs shoulders with the poor and the helpless.
- shoulder to shoulder, side by side;
with united effort: The volunteers worked shoulder to shoulder with the natives in harvesting the crops.
- straight from the shoulder, without evasion;
candidly: The lawyer told him straight from the shoulder that his case was weak.
- to push with or as if with the shoulder, esp. roughly: to shoulder someone aside.
- to take upon, support, or carry on or as if on the shoulder or shoulders: He shouldered his knapsack and walked on.
- to assume as a responsibility: to shoulder the expense.
- to push with or as if with the shoulder: to shoulder through a crowd.
- shoulder arms:
- to place a rifle muzzle upward on the right or left shoulder, with the buttstock in the corresponding hand.
- the command to shoulder arms.
Painpain (pān),USA pronunciation n.
- physical suffering or distress, as due to injury, illness, etc.
- a distressing sensation in a particular part of the body: a back pain.
- mental or emotional suffering or torment: I am sorry my news causes you such pain.
- laborious or careful efforts;
assiduous care: Great pains have been taken to repair the engine perfectly.
- the suffering of childbirth.
- [Informal.]an annoying or troublesome person or thing.
- feel no pain, [Informal.]to be intoxicated: After all that free beer, we were feeling no pain.
- on, upon, or under pain of, liable to the penalty of: on pain of death.
- pain in the ass, [Slang](vulgar). pain (def. 5).
- pain in the neck, [Informal.]pain (def. 5).
- to cause physical pain to;
- to cause (someone) mental or emotional pain;
distress: Your sarcasm pained me.
- to have or give pain.
Afteraf•ter (af′tər, äf′-),USA pronunciation prep.
- behind in place or position;
following behind: men lining up one after the other.
- later in time than;
in succession to;
at the close of: Tell me after supper. Day after day he came to work late.
- subsequent to and in consequence of: After what has happened, I can never return.
- below in rank or excellence;
nearest to: Milton is usually placed after Shakespeare among English poets.
- in imitation of or in imitation of the style of: to make something after a model; fashioned after Raphael.
- in pursuit or search of;
with or in desire for: I'm after a better job. Run after him!
about: to inquire after a person.
- with the name of;
for: He was named after his uncle.
- in proportion to;
in accordance with: He was a man after the hopes and expectations of his father.
- according to the nature of;
in conformity with;
in agreement or unison with: He was a man after my own heart. He swore after the manner of his faith.
- subsequent to and notwithstanding;
in spite of: After all their troubles, they still manage to be optimistic.
- after all, despite what has occurred or been assumed previously;
nevertheless: I've discovered I can attend the meeting after all.
in the rear: Jill came tumbling after.
- later in time;
afterward: three hours after; happily ever after.
- later in time;
succeeding: In after years we never heard from him.
- [Naut., Aeron.]
- farther aft.
- located closest to the stern or tail;
aftermost: after hold; after mast.
- including the stern or tail: the after part of a hull.
- subsequent to the time that: after the boys left.
- afters, the final course of a meal, as pudding, ice cream, or the like;
Benchbench (bench),USA pronunciation n.
- a long seat for several persons: a bench in the park.
- a seat occupied by an official, esp. a judge.
- such a seat as a symbol of the office and dignity of an individual judge or the judiciary.
- the office or dignity of various other officials, or the officials themselves.
- the seat on which the players of a team sit during a game while not playing.
- thequality and number of the players of a team who are usually used as substitutes: A weak bench hurt their chances for the championship.
- [Informal.]See bench press.
- Also called workbench. the strong worktable of a carpenter or other mechanic.
- a platform on which animals are placed for exhibition, esp. at a dog show.
- a contest or exhibition of dogs;
- [Phys. Geog.]a shelflike area of rock with steep slopes above and below.
- a step or working elevation in a mine.
- berm (def. 2).
- on the bench:
- serving as a judge in a court of law;
- [Sports.](of a player) not participating in play, either for part or all of a game.
- to furnish with benches.
- to seat on a bench or on the bench: an election that benched him in the district court.
- to place (a show dog or other animal) in exhibition.
- to cut away the working faces of (a mine or quarry) in benches.
- to remove from a game or keep from participating in a game: to be benched because of poor hitting.
Presspress1 (pres),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to act upon with steadily applied weight or force.
- to move by weight or force in a certain direction or into a certain position: The crowd pressed him into a corner.
- to compress or squeeze, as to alter in shape or size: He pressed the clay into a ball.
- to weigh heavily upon;
subject to pressure.
- to hold closely, as in an embrace;
clasp: He pressed her in his arms.
- to flatten or make smooth, esp. by ironing: to press clothes; to press flowers in the leaves of a book.
- to extract juice, sugar, etc., from by pressure: to press grapes.
- to squeeze out or express, as juice: to press the juice from grapes.
- to beset or harass;
afflict: He was pressed by problems on all sides.
- to trouble or oppress;
put into a difficult position, as by depriving: Poverty pressed them hard.
- to urge or entreat strongly or insistently: to press for payment of a debt; to press for an answer.
- to emphasize or propound forcefully;
insist upon: He pressed his own ideas on us.
- to plead with insistence: to press a claim.
- to urge onward;
hasten: He pressed his horse to go faster.
- to push forward.
- to manufacture (phonograph records, videodiscs, or the like), esp. by stamping from a mold or matrix.
- to exert weight, force, or pressure.
- [WeightLifting.]to raise or lift, esp. a specified amount of weight, in a press.
- to iron clothing, curtains, etc.
- to bear heavily, as upon the mind.
- (of athletes and competitors) to perform tensely or overanxiously, as when one feels pressured or is determined to break out of a slump;
strain because of frustration: For days he hasn't seemed able to buy a hit, and he's been pressing.
- to compel haste: Time presses.
- to demand immediate attention.
- to use urgent entreaty: to press for an answer.
- to push forward or advance with force, eagerness, or haste: The army pressed to reach the river by dawn.
- to crowd or throng.
- [Basketball.]to employ a press.
- press the flesh, [Informal.]See flesh (def. 15).
- an act of pressing;
- the state of being pressed.
- printed publications collectively, esp. newspapers and periodicals.
- all the media and agencies that print, broadcast, or gather and transmit news, including newspapers, newsmagazines, radio and television news bureaus, and wire services.
- the editorial employees, taken collectively, of these media and agencies.
- (often used with a pl. v.) a group of news reporters, or of news reporters and news photographers: The press are in the outer office, waiting for a statement.
- the consensus of the general critical commentary or the amount of coverage accorded a person, thing, or event, esp. in newspapers and periodicals (often prec. by good or bad): The play received a good press. The minister's visit got a bad press.
- See printing press.
- an establishment for printing books, magazines, etc.
- the process or art of printing.
- any of various devices or machines for exerting pressure, stamping, or crushing.
- a wooden or metal viselike device for preventing a tennis or other racket from warping when not in use.
- a pressing or pushing forward.
- a crowding, thronging, or pressing together;
collective force: The press of the crowd drove them on.
- a crowd, throng, or multitude.
- the desired smooth or creased effect caused by ironing or pressing: His suit was out of press.
- pressure or urgency, as of affairs or business.
- an upright case or other piece of furniture for holding clothes, books, pamphlets, etc.
- [Basketball.]an aggressive form of defense in which players guard opponents very closely.
- [Weightlifting.]a lift in which the barbell, after having been lifted from the ground up to chest level, is pushed to a position overhead with the arms extended straight up, without moving the legs or feet.
- go to press, to begin being printed: The last edition has gone to press.
Howdy there, this photo is about Left Shoulder Pain After Bench Press #6 Weight-lifter's Shoulder\. This attachment is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 1584 x 891. It's file size is just 130 KB. Wether You want to save It to Your computer, you could Click here. You also also download more pictures by clicking the picture below or read more at this post: Left Shoulder Pain After Bench Press.
In case your Left Shoulder Pain After Bench Press #6 Weight-lifter's Shoulder\ thinks claustrophobic due to the insufficient light entering the home, it requires good illumination for your wonderful house. The space light is one of many ways that are simple to produce your house that is modest experience greater. In organizing the home design this must be achieved. Because of the lighting to become discussed this time is natural light from the sun, not the inside lighting which we mentioned some time before.
The perfect Left Shoulder Pain After Bench Press #6 Weight-lifter's Shoulder\ at its key have to be equitable. The light mustn't dim nor too dazzling. You can find before planning light natural lighting that people may enter a home inside could from adjoining windows, skylights overhead three things you should look at, or maybe it's coming from the room next-to the kitchen, living room, or bedroom.
One in planning a home, of the critical aspects that must definitely be regarded may be the illumination. Besides performing illuminate the area during the time of the move around in it, right agreement of light are also able to produce a cozy ambience as well as boost the search of the home.