Foldingfold1 (fōld),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to bend (cloth, paper, etc.) over upon itself.
- to bring into a compact form by bending and laying parts together (often fol. by up): to fold up a map; to fold one's legs under oneself.
- to bring (the arms, hands, etc.) together in an intertwined or crossed manner;
cross: He folded his arms on his chest.
- to bend or wind (usually fol. by about, round, etc.): to fold one's arms about a person's neck.
- to bring (the wings) close to the body, as a bird on alighting.
- to enclose;
envelop: to fold something in paper.
- to embrace or clasp;
enfold: to fold someone in one's arms.
- [Cards.]to place (one's cards) facedown so as to withdraw from the play.
- to bring to an end;
close up: The owner decided to fold the business and retire.
- to be folded or be capable of folding: The doors fold back.
- [Cards.]to place one's cards facedown so as to withdraw from the play.
- to fail in business;
be forced to close: The newspaper folded after 76 years.
- to yield or give in: Dad folded and said we could go after all.
- fold in, [Cookery.]to mix in or add (an ingredient) by gently turning one part over another: Fold in the egg whites.
- fold up:
- to break down;
collapse: He folded up when the prosecutor discredited his story.
- to fail, esp. to go out of business.
- a part that is folded;
layer: folds of cloth.
- a crease made by folding: He cut the paper along the fold.
- a hollow made by folding: to carry something in the fold of one's dress.
- a hollow place in undulating ground: a fold of the mountains.
- a portion of strata that is folded or bent, as an anticline or syncline, or that connects two horizontal or parallel portions of strata of different levels (as a monocline).
- the line formed along the horizontal center of a standard-sized newspaper when it is folded after printing.
- a rough-and-ready dividing line, esp. on the front page and other principal pages, between stories of primary and lesser importance.
- a coil of a serpent, string, etc.
- the act of folding or doubling over.
- a margin or ridge formed by the folding of a membrane or other flat body part;
Militarymil•i•tar•y (mil′i ter′ē),USA pronunciation adj., n., pl. -tar•ies, -tar•y.
- of, for, or pertaining to the army or armed forces, often as distinguished from the navy: from civilian to military life.
- of, for, or pertaining to war: military preparedness.
- of or pertaining to soldiers.
- befitting, characteristic of, or noting a soldier: a military bearing.
- following the life of a soldier: a military career.
- performed by soldiers: military duty.
- the military:
- the military establishment of a nation; the armed forces.
- military personnel, esp. commissioned officers, taken collectively: the bar, the press, and the military.
Fieldfield (fēld),USA pronunciation n.
- an expanse of open or cleared ground, esp. a piece of land suitable or used for pasture or tillage.
- a piece of ground devoted to sports or contests;
- (in betting) all the contestants or numbers that are grouped together as one: to bet on the field in a horse race.
- (in football) the players on the playing ground.
- the area in which field events are held.
- the team in the field, as opposed to the one at bat.
- the outfield.
- a sphere of activity, interest, etc., esp. within a particular business or profession: the field of teaching; the field of Shakespearean scholarship.
- the area or region drawn on or serviced by a business or profession;
outlying areas where business activities or operations are carried on, as opposed to a home or branch office: our representatives in the field.
- a job location remote from regular workshop facilities, offices, or the like.
- the scene or area of active military operations.
- a battleground.
- a battle.
- [Informal.]an area located away from the headquarters of a commander.
- an expanse of anything: a field of ice.
- any region characterized by a particular feature, resource, activity, etc.: a gold field.
- the surface of a canvas, shield, etc., on which something is portrayed: a gold star on a field of blue.
- (in a flag) the ground of each division.
- the influence of some agent, as electricity or gravitation, considered as existing at all points in space and defined by the force it would exert on an object placed at any point in space. Cf. electric field, gravitational field, magnetic field.
- Also called field of view. the entire angular expanse visible through an optical instrument at a given time.
- the structure in a generator or motor that produces a magnetic field around a rotating armature.
- a number system that has the same properties relative to the operations of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division as the number system of all real numbers;
a commutative division ring.
- the area of a subject that is taken in by a lens at a particular diaphragm opening.
- the total complex of interdependent factors within which a psychological event occurs and is perceived as occurring.
- one or more related characters treated as a unit and constituting part of a record, for purposes of input, processing, output, or storage by a computer: If the hours-worked field is blank or zero, the program does not write a check for that employee.
- (in a punch card) any number of columns regularly used for recording the same information.
- [Television.]one half of the scanning lines required to form a complete television frame. In the U.S., two fields are displayed in 1/30 second: all the odd-numbered lines in one field and all the even lines in the next field. Cf. frame (def. 9).
- [Numis.]the blank area of a coin, other than that of the exergue.
- [Fox Hunting.]the group of participants in a hunt, exclusive of the master of foxhounds and his staff.
- the whole area or background of an escutcheon.
- in the field:
- in actual use or in a situation simulating actual use or application;
away from a laboratory, workshop, or the like: The machine was tested for six months in the field.
- in contact with a prime source of basic data: The anthropologist is working in the field in Nigeria.
- within a given profession: The public knows little of him, but in the field he's known as a fine mathematician.
- keep the field, to remain in competition or in battle;
continue to contend: The troops kept the field under heavy fire.
- out in left field. See left field (def. 3).
- play the field, [Informal.]
- to vary one's activities.
- to date a number of persons rather than only one: He wanted to play the field for a few years before settling down.
- take the field:
- to begin to play, as in football or baseball;
go into action.
- to go into battle: They took the field at dawn.
- [Baseball, Cricket.]
- to catch or pick up (the ball) in play: The shortstop fielded the grounder and threw to first for the out.
- to place (a player, group of players, or a team) in the field to play.
- to place in competition: to field a candidate for governor.
- to answer or reply skillfully: to field a difficult question.
- to put into action or on duty: to field police cars to patrol an area.
v.i. Baseball, Cricket.
- to act as a fielder;
field the ball.
- to take to the field.
- of, taking place, or competed for on the field and not on the track, as the discus throw or shot put.
- of or pertaining to field events.
- of or pertaining to campaign and active combat service as distinguished from service in rear areas or at headquarters: a field soldier.
- of or pertaining to a field.
- grown or cultivated in a field.
- working in the fields of a farm: field laborers.
- working as a salesperson, engineer, representative, etc., in the field: an insurance company's field agents.
Deskdesk (desk),USA pronunciation n.
- an article of furniture having a broad, usually level, writing surface, as well as drawers or compartments for papers, writing materials, etc.
- a frame for supporting a book from which the service is read in a church.
- a pulpit.
- the section of a large organization, as a governmental bureau or newspaper, having authority over and responsibility for particular operations within the organization: city desk; foreign desk.
- a table or counter, as in a library or office, at which a specific job is performed or a service offered: an information desk; reception desk.
- a stand used to support sheet music;
- (in an orchestra) a seat or position assigned by rank (usually used in combination): a first-desk flutist.
- of or pertaining to a writing desk: a desk drawer.
- of a size or form suitable for use on a desk: desk dictionary.
- done at or based on a desk, as in an office or schoolroom: He used to be a traveling salesman, but now he has a desk job.
Howdy folks, this blog post is about S0055 Folding Military Field Desk ( Army Field Desk #5). This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 696 x 510. This photo's file size is just 57 KB. Wether You desired to download This blog post to Your laptop, you have to Click here. You could too see more pictures by clicking the image below or read more at here: Army Field Desk.
Observe how easy it's to acquire a custom beach-theme try your room without shelling a lot of income out. You want to see within your bedroom, if you are unsure what you wish in your S0055 Folding Military Field Desk ( Army Field Desk #5) try hunting in decorating journals and publications to obtain a sense of the accessories. To retain the design consistent seaside you've to restrict yourself to simply purchase the extras that match your style.
For designing the beach, hues should allow you to look at the seaside. Light and windy with lots of blues and possibly even some orange. Should you favor tones that are basic think of beige mud and skin tone. other highlights that will help along with incorporate sea-shells beach ocean molds bring out the beach within your bedroom. You need to group-your accessories in amount that is unusual. Usually seem excellent if your team consists of quick and high extras blended together.
Whether you are dangling a sizable oil painting or even a small print heart of the piece must be at eye level. You can test to utilize it being a headboard, for those who have a large piece of graphics. While dangling styles or photographs behind the counter usually set them up inches above the desk. Suspend images in circular categories of rectangles or mathematical triangles to incorporate interest.
By employing pillows, attention can be added aswell. Use several at the top of the mattress and varied shades textures and patterns while still maintaining concept and the colour within your bedroom's design as a whole. Don't believe you've to get everything for the bedroom at the same time. Look around to obtain the addition that is perfect to fit the S0055 Folding Military Field Desk ( Army Field Desk #5). You will find offers at consignment retailers property sales and markets.
Some covers might be consisted of by an appealing number of accessories apart a light plus a nice beach-theme framework larger. Utilize photographs and S0055 Folding Military Field Desk ( Army Field Desk #5) topic styles on your walls setting a layout throughout your bedroom. Lots of people don't know how to properly hold a bit of artwork and an impact is made by this to the visual appeal.
Don't ignore illumination when accessorizing your bedroom. You intend to create, while purchasing lights be sure to purchase people that choose the beach-theme. For seaside design light use clear-glass lamps filled up with covers or figural light-house shaped bulbs. The carpet draw on your bedroom together and could define an area. Sleeping furniture entirely on the carpet for a warmer influence. Merely use rugs that choose your beach accessories.