Singlesin•gle (sing′gəl),USA pronunciation adj., v., -gled, -gling, n.
- only one in number;
sole: a single example.
- of, pertaining to, or suitable for one person only: a single room.
- solitary or sole;
lone: He was the single survivor.
- unmarried: a single man.
- pertaining to the unmarried state: the single life.
- of one against one, as combat or fight.
- consisting of only one part, element, or member: a single lens.
- sincere and undivided: single devotion.
- separate, particular, or distinct;
individual: Every single one of you must do your best. It's the single most important thing.
applicable to all: a single safety code for all manufacturers.
- (of a bed or bedclothes) twin-size.
- (of a flower) having only one set of petals.
- of standard strength or body, as ale, beer, etc. Cf. double (def. 1).
- (of the eye) seeing rightly.
- to pick or choose (one) from others (usually fol. by out): to single out a fact for special mention.
- to cause the advance of (a base runner) by a one-base hit.
- to cause (a run) to be scored by a one-base hit (often fol. by in or home).
- [Baseball.]to hit a single.
- one person or thing;
a single one.
- an accommodation suitable for one person only, as a hotel room or a table at a restaurant: to reserve a single.
- a ticket for a single seat at a theater.
- a one-way ticket.
- a steam locomotive having one driving wheel on each side.
- an unmarried person, esp. one who is relatively young.
- [Baseball.]Also called one-base hit. a base hit that enables a batter to reach first base safely.
- singles, (used with a sing. v.) a match with one player on each side, as a tennis match.
- [Golf.]twosome (def. 4).
- [Cricket.]a hit for which one run is scored.
- a one-dollar bill.
- a phonograph record, CD, or cassette usually having two songs.
- one of the songs recorded on a single.
- Often, singles.
- reeled or spun silk that may or may not be thrown.
- a one-ply yarn of any fiber that has been drawn and twisted.
Handlehan•dle (han′dl),USA pronunciation n., v., -dled, -dling.
- a part of a thing made specifically to be grasped or held by the hand.
- that which may be held, seized, grasped, or taken advantage of in effecting a purpose: The clue was a handle for solving the mystery.
- a person's name, esp. the given name.
- a person's alias, nickname, or code name.
- a name or term by which something is known, described, or explained.
- the total amount wagered on an event, series of events, or for an entire season or seasons, as at a gambling casino or in horse racing: The track handle for the day was over a million dollars.
- the total amount of money taken in by a business concern on one transaction, sale, event, or series of transactions, or during a specific period, esp. by a theater, nightclub, sports arena, resort hotel, or the like.
- hand (def. 27).
- a way of getting ahead or gaining an advantage: The manufacturer regards the new appliance as its handle on the Christmas market.
- fly off the handle, to become very agitated or angry, esp. without warning or adequate reason: I can't imagine why he flew off the handle like that.
- get or have a handle on, to acquire an understanding or knowledge of: Can you get a handle on what your new boss expects?
- to touch, pick up, carry, or feel with the hand or hands;
use the hands on;
take hold of.
- to manage, deal with, or be responsible for: My wife handles the household accounts. This computer handles all our billing.
- to use or employ, esp. in a particular manner;
manipulate: to handle color expertly in painting.
- to manage, direct, train, or control: to handle troops.
- to deal with (a subject, theme, argument, etc.): The poem handled the problem of instinct versus intellect.
- to deal with or treat in a particular way: to handle a person with tact.
- to deal or trade in: to handle dry goods.
- to behave or perform in a particular way when handled, directed, managed, etc.: The troops handled well. The jet was handling poorly.
Downdown1 (doun),USA pronunciation adv.
- from higher to lower;
in descending direction or order;
toward, into, or in a lower position: to come down the ladder.
- on or to the ground, floor, or bottom: He fell down.
- to or in a sitting or lying position.
- to or in a position, area, or district considered lower, esp. from a geographical or cartographic standpoint, as to the south, a business district, etc.: We drove from San Francisco down to Los Angeles.
- to or at a lower value or rate.
- to a lesser pitch or volume: Turn down the radio.
- in or to a calmer, less active, or less prominent state: The wind died down.
- from an earlier to a later time: from the 17th century down to the present.
- from a greater to a lesser strength, amount, etc.: to water down liquor.
- in an attitude of earnest application: to get down to work.
- on paper or in a book: Write down the address.
- in cash at the time of purchase;
at once: We paid $50 down and $20 a month.
- to the point of defeat, submission, inactivity, etc.: They shouted down the opposition.
- in or into a fixed or supine position: They tied down the struggling animal.
- to the source or actual position: The dogs tracked down the bear.
- into a condition of ill health: He's come down with a cold.
- in or into a lower status or condition: kept down by lack of education.
- toward the lee side, so as to turn a vessel to windward: Put the helm down!
- on toast (as used in ordering a sandwich at a lunch counter or restaurant): Give me a tuna down.
- down with!
- away with! cease!: Down with tyranny!
- on or toward the ground or into a lower position: Down with your rifles!
- in a descending or more remote direction or place on, over, or along: They ran off down the street.
going or directed downward: the down escalator.
- being at a low position or on the ground, floor, or bottom.
- toward the south, a business district, etc.
- associated with or serving traffic, transportation, or the like, directed toward the south, a business district, etc.: the down platform.
dejected: You seem very down today.
- ailing, esp., sick and bedridden: He's been down with a bad cold.
- being the portion of the full price, as of an article bought on the installment plan, that is paid at the time of purchase or delivery: a payment of $200 down.
- [Football.](of the ball) not in play.
- behind an opponent or opponents in points, games, etc.: The team won the pennant despite having been down three games in the final week of play.
- losing or having lost the amount indicated, esp. at gambling: After an hour at poker, he was down $10.
- having placed one's bet: Are you down for the fourth race?
- finished, done, considered, or taken care of: five down and one to go.
- out of order: The computer has been down all day.
- down and out, down-and-out.
- down cold or pat, mastered or learned perfectly: Another hour of studying and I'll have the math lesson down cold.
- down in the mouth, discouraged;
- down on, [Informal.]hostile or averse to: Why are you so down on sports?
- a downward movement;
- a turn for the worse;
reverse: The business cycle experienced a sudden down.
- one of a series of four plays during which a team must advance the ball at least 10 yd. (9 m) to keep possession of it.
- the declaring of the ball as down or out of play, or the play immediately preceding this.
- an order of toast at a lunch counter or restaurant.
- downer (defs. 1a, b).
- to put, knock, or throw down;
subdue: He downed his opponent in the third round.
- to drink down, esp. quickly or in one gulp: to down a tankard of ale.
- to defeat in a game or contest: The Mets downed the Dodgers in today's game.
- to cause to fall from a height, esp. by shooting: Antiaircraft guns downed ten bombers.
- to go down;
- (used as a command to a dog to stop attacking, to stop jumping on someone, to get off a couch or chair, etc.): Down, Rover!
- (used as a command or warning to duck, take cover, or the like): Down! They're starting to shoot!
Kitchenkitch•en (kich′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- a room or place equipped for cooking.
- culinary department;
cuisine: This restaurant has a fine Italian kitchen.
- the staff or equipment of a kitchen.
- of, pertaining to, or designed for use in a kitchen: kitchen window; kitchen curtains.
- employed in or assigned to a kitchen: kitchen help.
- of or resembling a pidginized language, esp. one used for communication between employers and servants or other employees who do not speak the same language.
Faucetfau•cet (fô′sit),USA pronunciation n.
- any device for controlling the flow of liquid from a pipe or the like by opening or closing an orifice;
Hello guys, this post is about Brantford Single Handle Pull Down Kitchen Faucet ( Buy Moen Faucets #4). This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 1680 x 1680. This image's file size is only 86 KB. Wether You decided to save It to Your computer, you could Click here. You may also see more pictures by clicking the picture below or read more at this article: Buy Moen Faucets.
One of the modern style but additionally funky toilet sink layout can be a leaf- . When displayed sidebyside this design looks quite lovely. Double leaf leaves almost resemble grapes that collapsed softly on your bathroom table.
You'll be able to and may choose a Buy Moen Faucets, if you like blooms. This model resembles an attractive bowl that is white that is beautiful with bouquets adoring the bowl's most effective area. It's mounted seamlessly under the stand and seems quite stunning.
That is likely merely a drain for that room, if you have a guest bathroom that requires an even more feminine effect. With a great number of distinctive designs that one may choose, there has to be function that fits you when coming up with a decision. But again, nobody says that bathroom remodeling that is prosperous is going to be a simple job.